Check out these new Peace Squad members at Johnson Elementary in Henrico County! Ms.Schlichtcroll said "here's a photo of some of our Peace Squad members before our Peace Squad Pizza Party. The members will get also get pinned with peace pins at their 5th grade promotion ceremony. I loved your curriculum and will continue to grow the program next year." Peace out, Johnson Jaguars!
Click here to hear what they had to say about why they're in the Peace Squad
In December, students who joined the Peace Squad this year were treated to a viewing of the movie Wonder at the Violet Crown Movie Theater! We had our own theater (all recliners!) to ourselves and couldn't imagine a more perfect movie for Peace Squad! After all, the theme is "Choose Kind!"
In January, the Peace Squad went on tour to four of our six elementary schools to perform a rendition of the book "The Brand New Kid" by Katie Couric! The kids did a fabulous job and worked hard to make sure that the play was entertaining, relevant and demonstrated kindness to elementary school-aged students. Check us out!
Video of the play
We were excited to hear that the newly formed Peace Squad at Johnson Elementary School in Henrico is off to a great start! They recently helped with their school's Mix-it-up-at-Lunch event and have just learned the Teddy Bear Approach! Here's a great pic of them by their Kindness Pledge! Keep it up, Jaguars!
Albemarle Family Bloom Magazine did a great article on the Peace Squad. Check it out here:
Article Check out pages 42-48!
Today I spoke with Mrs. Janelle Schlichtcroll, School Counselor at Johnson Elementary School in Henrico County Virginia, who is going to be starting another branch of the Peace Squad! We're excited for them to spread kindness to Henrico!
Who: All Walker, Buford and Peace Squad Students
What: 2017 Charlottesville Dogwood Festival Grand Feature Parade
When: Saturday, April 22nd. Drop off between 10:15 and 10:30. Plan to pick your child up around 12:00 (Your child can call you when we are done with the parade if you’d like).
Where: We are not sure of our exact starting location yet, but we will be somewhere along McIntire Road near the County Office. You will not be able to drive along McIntire Road, so plan to park the County Office Building (401 McIntire Rd ) or the Bodos on Preston (505 Preston Ave) and walk down McIntire Rd. to find us to drop your child off. We are spot 26A out of 87. We will be between 2 groups (Inspire Fitness and Charlottesville Sherriff’s Office).
-After the parade, we will meet parents in the parking lot BEHIND the Bodos on Preston Ave (505 Preston Ave). Look for a black Mazda decked out in Peace Signs! We should be there around 12:00 or shortly thereafter.
Why: To spread the Peace Squad message and to have FUN!
Other Important Information:
· Parents and families of Peace Squad families can watch the parade from anywhere along the parade route (see back). It will be a great show!
· The parade is rain or shine. They only cancel for extreme weather. Last year, it was very cold and rainy, and yes, we still marched proudly! Please dress appropriately for the weather. Call Mrs. Geddy (619-849-9771) on the day of the parade if you're unsure of whether we'll still participate.
· Wear your Peace Squad shirt and comfortable shoes! Also, we encourage wacky tacky attire (silly hats, glasses, etc), as long as you are comfortable! We like to have fun, but you will also be walking about 1 mile. Please do not bring along other items that you don’t need. I will have temporary tattoos that I will allow students to apply. If you do not want your child to wear a temporary tattoo, please tell them in advance.
· If you have questions or need to contact us on the morning of the parade, you can call my cell phone at (619)849-9771
· Good behavior and listening will be expected at all times! I know, you’re good kids! After all, you’re in the Peace Squad. BUT, I need for you to be listening for directions and representing Walker School and the Peace Squad in a positive way!
For questions or concerns before the event, call Mrs. Geddy, School Counselor, at 245-2917
On the morning of the event, call Mrs. Geddy at (619)849-9771
We just learned that 20 third and fourth graders at George Watkins Elementary are now in the Peace Squad! We're taking over the world!!! Go Wildcats, Go!
Check it out!
Mrs. Charlotte Geddy, School Counselor at Walker Upper Elementary School, will be updating this page from time to time with Peace Squad news and recent happenings!