What: 2017 Charlottesville Dogwood Festival Grand Feature Parade
When: Saturday, April 22nd. Drop off between 10:15 and 10:30. Plan to pick your child up around 12:00 (Your child can call you when we are done with the parade if you’d like).
Where: We are not sure of our exact starting location yet, but we will be somewhere along McIntire Road near the County Office. You will not be able to drive along McIntire Road, so plan to park the County Office Building (401 McIntire Rd ) or the Bodos on Preston (505 Preston Ave) and walk down McIntire Rd. to find us to drop your child off. We are spot 26A out of 87. We will be between 2 groups (Inspire Fitness and Charlottesville Sherriff’s Office).
-After the parade, we will meet parents in the parking lot BEHIND the Bodos on Preston Ave (505 Preston Ave). Look for a black Mazda decked out in Peace Signs! We should be there around 12:00 or shortly thereafter.
Why: To spread the Peace Squad message and to have FUN!
Other Important Information:
· Parents and families of Peace Squad families can watch the parade from anywhere along the parade route (see back). It will be a great show!
· The parade is rain or shine. They only cancel for extreme weather. Last year, it was very cold and rainy, and yes, we still marched proudly! Please dress appropriately for the weather. Call Mrs. Geddy (619-849-9771) on the day of the parade if you're unsure of whether we'll still participate.
· Wear your Peace Squad shirt and comfortable shoes! Also, we encourage wacky tacky attire (silly hats, glasses, etc), as long as you are comfortable! We like to have fun, but you will also be walking about 1 mile. Please do not bring along other items that you don’t need. I will have temporary tattoos that I will allow students to apply. If you do not want your child to wear a temporary tattoo, please tell them in advance.
· If you have questions or need to contact us on the morning of the parade, you can call my cell phone at (619)849-9771
· Good behavior and listening will be expected at all times! I know, you’re good kids! After all, you’re in the Peace Squad. BUT, I need for you to be listening for directions and representing Walker School and the Peace Squad in a positive way!
For questions or concerns before the event, call Mrs. Geddy, School Counselor, at 245-2917
On the morning of the event, call Mrs. Geddy at (619)849-9771